Monday, February 6, 2012

Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon

As sister in laws we decided to head of to Disney Land and do the Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon.  We trained for 11 weeks and with hurt, achy knees and lots of sweat I learned to love running.  We did most of our training on a treadmill and in Utah so when we got to 75 degree weather in California it was so much easier.  11,000 Women and 900 men ran the race.  We were running thorough people and dodging people for about 5-6 miles, then we could finally get a pace ans stay with it.  We ran through Disney Land and the streets and had a blast.  My finishing time was 2:33 so I was really happy with that.  I'm sorta sad its all over but my knees are very grateful they can finally recover.  Until next time...  



This is us getting our BiBs and packets for the race
Samantha was actually the one who told us about the race she ran it with a few of her friends.  We got together for dinner the night before the race.  Sam also got us matching green laces and a token that said 13.1 on our shoes.  SOOO cute Thanks Sam.
5:00 am on Disney Dr. getting ready for the race to start.







I'm Scared!!

Hair bows



Crossing the bridge ( my favorite part)
13.1 Miles later we crossed the finish line and got these giant medals 

1 comment:

Abe and Lisa said...

Oh how I wish I loved to run. You ladies are awesome. Way to go!

Followers